Friday, October 07, 2005

Recipe: Vegetable Soup

vegetable-soup.jpg
I almost named this dish Sopa de Jowa because the quantity is meant for two people. An alternative take on the sopas we came to love during stormy days. Cheese (especially the generic grocery Cheddar), once melted into the soup, makes up the white liquid that is the main characteristic of sopas. Thyme and bay leaf push the tang up one level. Be liberal on the choice of vegetables you add (no, not saluyot please), or the pasta to include. Substitute shallots, onions or any other aromatics for leeks if you can't find any. Add chopped sausages, ham or chicken breast to feed your better Omnivore, and double up the recipe for a group of four.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos ! Just discovered your site thru Marketman, will visit always.

10/10/2005 07:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was browsing for substitutes for ingredients when I chance upon your site. Very informative :) You wouldn't mind if I add your site to my links, would you?

05-05-06 3:55pm

5/05/2006 03:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was browsing for substitutes for ingredients when I chance upon your site. Very informative :) You wouldn't mind if I add your site to my links, would you?

05-05-06 3:55pm

5/05/2006 03:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home